As you can image, a patio door needs lots of extra engineering and structural reinforcement to outlive hurricane-force winds and flying debris. That’s definitely true to FeelSafe patio doors. Despite their stylish good looks and effortless operation, our swinging patio doors are built to take it. They swing out—not in—for optimum protection from high winds.
- Can withstand hurricane-force winds with an impressive structural performance rating of PG 65 (+65/-70) for a two-wide or PG 60 (+60/-60) for three- and four-wide configurations.
- Add striking dimension with optional full-radius top in up to 2-wide combinations & 10' tall.
- European 5-point locking system for maximum security.
- Chemically bonded joints and stainless steel hinges and strike plates.
- Unique ¼” plate mull option provides appearance of seamless direct mull to transoms & sidelites.
- Approved for combinations up to 12’ width x 8’3” height.
- Thick heavy-duty extruded aluminum cladding for a low maintenance exterior.
- Extra heavy-duty .05” thick extruded aluminum structural nailing fin standard.
- Butt hinges standard.
- Protected by our exclusive CoreGuard Plus™, the industry’s best wood protection.
- Blocks 99% of UV rays.
- Strongest, laminated glass uniquely constructed on the outside of your window, where it won’t be broken by a stray golf ball or sea gull.
- Largest selection of options including 70 exterior AAMA 2605 powder-coat finishes.
By capturing the sun’s heat or reflecting it, the right glazing can make your home more comfortable and even improve your energy efficiency. You can also reduce outside noise, block damaging UV rays and enhance your privacy.
Sierra Pacific offers the most advanced glazing options in the industry, including dual and triple pane, and double or triple low-E coatings. Your Sierra Pacific Windows representative will help you determine the best glass for your project’s unique needs.
Many window manufacturers use aluminum spacers between their panes of glass. These metal spacers conduct cold and heat, which reduces window efficiency and can lead to window failure.
Most of our windows and doors are made with our No-Metal TrueWarm® Edge polymer structural foam spacers. They offer greater thermal efficiency, a superior seal and more comfort.
Grilles Between The Glass
Easy to clean and affordable, our aluminum grilles between the glass achieve the divided lite look with the grille sealed between the panes of glass. This leaves the visual appeal without the interference of the grille.
Grilles between the glass come in your choice of profiles: 11/16" or 1" contour or 5/8" flat. Available in 8 popular color choices.
Five-point locking lever (standard)
Handle in Satin Nickel PVD finish
Dallas Series Contemporary
*Oil Rubbed Forever Bronze
Outswing butt hinge (standard)
Sierra Pacific gives you two premium options: Ultra Stain and Ultra Coat.Ultra Stain is an advanced, multi-step process that brings out all the beauty of your wood interior. Ultra Coat uses a unique, specially formulated paint. Both Ultra Stain and Ultra Coat are so tough, they resist scratching and marring, and so superior, they provide advanced protection against moisture.
The pine and Douglas fir used in our world-class windows and doors is harvested from either our very own California grown forests, certified to the SFI Forest Management Standard,
from other forest ownerships that satisfy the environmental protection standards of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®, or from forests certified to the FSC Forest Management
Standard. It is for these reasons that Sierra Pacific Windows is one of the only premium wood window manufacturers that can provide a SFI Certified Sourcing Label on every
Sierra Pacific wood window and door it produces.
The pay-off? Sierra Pacific windows and doors, crafted from pine and Douglas fir, and our Timber Curtain Wall designed with Douglas fir glulam beams, are 100% SFI Certified Sourcing certified. So even if you don’t ask for or specify FSC Chain of Custody, which meets the LEED raw material sourcing criteria, know that our window products meet the strictest environmental practices required for sustainably sourced material.
Sierra Pacific Windows is also certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). This requires adherence to very strict environmental guidelines and enables us to provide optional chain-of-custody FSC certification on our windows and doors.
As a division of Sierra Pacific Industries, environmental stewardship comes rather naturally. Sierra Pacific Industries owns over 2.4 million acres of forest land that supplies wood for our products, so from planted seed to delivered window and door, we control every part of the process. This makes complete environmental oversight possible in a way no other window manufacturer can replicate.